About Matt McCormick
Matt McCormick is a creative developer with a passion for AI technology, and over 15 years of experience in software. If you need a complex web application for your MVP, he’s made about 100 of those. Matt has also worked on at-scale applications passing millions of messages per day. He’s extremely passionate about the intersection of AI language models and human storytelling.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Full-Stack Web Development
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5 / HAML / SLIM
- CSS / SASS
- API Development
- PostgreSQL / MySQL / ActiveRecord
- MongoDB / Mongoid
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Dev Containers
- Linux / Mac / Windows
- Source Code Management
- Automation (workflow, data)
- Chat Interfaces
- VSCode, Sublime Text
- Complex Web Applications
Throughout his career, Matt has held positions such as Senior Back-End Software Engineer, Full Stack Web Consultant, and CTO. His experience spans across different industries, and he has been instrumental in providing comprehensive web solutions to numerous clients. Scroll down for a full list of his professional experience.
Matt holds a B.A. Degree in Computer Science & Music from Tufts University, where he honed his skills in programming, problem-solving, and creativity.
Outside of his professional accomplishments, Matt is passionate about improvisation, interactive storytelling, procedural generation, emergent narrative, game design, and performance. He is constantly exploring new ways to combine technology and creativity to push the boundaries of innovation.
Connect with Matt
Get in touch with Matt through email or connect with him on Twitter and GitHub.
If you’re interested in collaborating or want to learn more about Matt’s work, feel free to reach out through the contact form on his website.
SWE at Stealth
New York, NY | December 2022 - Present
- Exciting project combining custom chat agents with structured private data and vector databases
AI & Web Development Consultant at Self-Employed
New York, NY | January 2021 - December 2022
- Various projects involving AI, Machine Learning, Python, and chat interfaces
- Utilized Docker for creating, deploying, and running applications across different platforms.
Acting CTO at One Click Politics
New York, NY | June 2020 - January 2021
- Led hiring during COVID-19, overseeing a seamless back-end team transition.
- Became the primary point of contact for critical technical matters, restoring the board's confidence in technical leadership.
- Prioritized major client accounts and directed resource allocation in line with board requirements.
- Managed a team of back-end developers and coordinated with the front-end development team.
Senior Back-End Software Engineer at One Click Politics
New York, NY | February 2018 - June 2020
- Developed major features such as Video Messaging and Legislator Search.
- Integrated three APIs for CRM metadata synchronization.
- Maintained the existing RabbitMQ messaging system (200,000+ requests per day).
- Performed ongoing data imports, code review, and bug fixes.
Full Stack Web Consultant at Self-Employed
Los Angeles, CA | January 2014 - February 2018
- Worked with many companies on a contract basis, including NinjaThat, FolioHD, Philosophie LLC, Laurel & Wolf, and Betterific.
CTO / Web Developer at Swink.tv
Los Angeles, CA | June 2013 - January 2014
- Swink.tv is a browser-based video platform that allows parents and athletes to save, search and share their favorite youth sports memories.
- Revamped user-facing front end of the pre-existing Swink.tv.
- After working for months with unnecessarily complex legacy code, decided along with the CTO to rebuild a simplified product from the ground up.
- Created a Rails API which could be consumed by an Ember.js front end.
Co-Founder at Spruceling
Philadelphia, PA | September 2012 - February 2013
- Spruceling was a children’s clothing company formed at DreamIt Startup Accelerator in Philadelphia by the same team that created The Whoot.
- As a technical co-founder, collaborated to create the Spruceling site, which matched donors and recipients.
- This involved full stack Rails development, data management (PostgreSQL), design of the user interface, and interfacing with the Stamps.com API.
Junior Software Engineer at Tech Limelight
Boston, MA | June 2010 - August 2012
- Tech Limelight was a startup that provided a platform for companies to showcase their products and services.
- Developed the back end of the site using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL